Sunday 29 April 2007

C&C3 vs. SupCom Redux

I'm bored and I've decided it's about time I updated my blog, don't know why really but oh well. It will also be a test of my sanity, since this damn connection is going very slow.

I've now managed to grab copies of both C&C3 and SupCom, and I've decided, I prefer C&C3. This, however, is based solely on single player experience, this is due to the fact I don't play multiplayer RTS because I suck balls, really big balls and I suck them hard.

The single player campaign on C&C3 was fantastic, I played through all the campaigns, GDI, NOD and the extra Scrin missions, and I was throughly entertained by the entire experience, but now I've finished that, it's been put away. SupCom, I didn't even bother completing one campaign, SupCom is a multiplayer game at it's heart. I'm sure I could learn to love playing this game online, but I really can't be bothered, it's not worth the effort to learn how to play IMO. The thing I don't like about SupCom, is how long it takes to play a game, it takes far too long to tech up for my liking. I know it can be done very quickly with the right amount of engineers and a good supply chain, but that takes far too much management for my liking. I also don't like how similar the sides are, when I say similar, I mean exactly the same. Well not really, but on the surface, they have pretty much identical units, and it's only really the aesthetics and super units that are significantly different. If you're a SupCom vet, I'm sure you can tell me the differences, since I bet there are subtle ones, but each army doesn't really feel like it's different from the others. With C&C3, the armies are significantly different, yes, they all have stuff like anti-infantry and anti-tank troops, but the units can be radically different. GDI is all about brute strength, with it's mammoth tanks with rail guns, NOD is all about stealth and sneak attacks, with their very fragile, but fast (and sometimes invisible) units.

But alas, all that talk is wasted, 'cos CoH absolutely prawns both games, now that is a game I don't mind learning to play online, it is one of the best RTS games ever made.

But anyway, I've picked up Dead Rising again so I need to go and see what happens when Frank turns into a zombie, hes covered wars y'know.

No comments: