Wednesday 9 May 2007

Halo 2

Been revisiting this game over the last couple of days, played a few games on live with a few of my old chums and it really brought back some great memories. It hasn't been too long since it's release really, only a couple of years, but it had all but vanished from my mind. I played Halo 2 with my sixth form mates for a good few solid months online, but after that I lost interest as I usually do with games.

It seems different though, I've gotten so used to keyboards and mice for FPS games now (I only got a PC capable of playing 3D games a while after Halo 2 was released), and everyone else seems a lot better. I'm not one to brag, but I was pretty damn good at Halo, got to around level 15 (yeah I know, not that high) before I kind of lost interest in the game, and then all the stats got reset at some point. But at that level, I was doing pretty well and was making my way up. Now however, it seems like the levels are pretty much the same, I played with a few level 30's with my friend in a game of team slayer, the guys I was fighting in rumble pit seemed roughly the same skill level, and they were all around level 5. I'm finding it a lot harder now, a combination of me finding an analogue stick now completely alien to me, and the lower level players seem to be more skilled that they were at the start.

I also don't really like the selection of games anymore, I really enjoyed objective games, like CTF on Zanzibar. Most games now however tend to be generic variant ## of slayer, there was nothing I liked more than 1 flag CTF on big, asymmetrical maps, but now that seems to have disappeared. I'm still finding it fun and frustrating as before, but unfortunately less fun and more frustration.

I also remember the great fun I had playing Halo into the small hours with a group of really great mates round, now I remember it, I really miss those good old days, and wish I'd made more of them. Damn I sound like an old fart.

No comments: